My Blog List

Monday, 19 October 2015

Wishcraft for Goal Setters

At the last Springboard workshop, I shared a little of what I had learned on a Barbara Sher workshop. I attended a 2-day session recently in Frankfurt, for "Scanners". Barbara coined the term to describe people who are interested and passionate about many different things, usually simultaneously. She directed us to reconsider societal expectations that we (scanners) should find our one purpose in life and stick at it. We have many talents and are beholden to bring them into the light and share them. It's a sin if we don't!


The specific reason I wanted to tell the Springboard group about Barbara and what she writes about in Wishcraft and Refuse to Choose, was an exercise for plotting an action plan for implementing a goal: Backward Planning. Start with what you can do tomorrow. She describes the "flow chart" process in part 3 of Wishcraft: chapter 6 goes through the process step-by-step. Go to her website and you can download the whole book, for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment