I was über happy to have my proposal for one of 2 workshop slots accepted. The brief was to facilitate an interactive workshop under the title: Determination is the Key to Success.
Here you can see the slides I developed as part of the session.
As ever, I felt quite nervous at the start - anxious to do a good job of engaging my colleagues. I really wanted to give them something worth their time and effort; to give them some food for thought.
Judging by the results of the group, pair and individual work, this was a group with a good idea of what it means to be determined. And there was plenty of generous sharing.
This was only my second conference and while it was different from the first (where Michael -"flip it"-Heppell spoke), the best aspects remained. The collegial exchange, the element of fun, the general openness to hearing and learning from one another. So, not having a highfaluting, celebrity plenary speaker was actually really good. The consultancy's plan to have us speak to each other paid off brilliantly. Listening to stories from our peers - and participants - was refreshing and inspiring at a grass roots level.
For me personally, listening to Jenny and Liz was especially inspiring. They are truly at the heart of what Springboard does. They are the role models: hard-working, creative, innovative and DETERMINED!!
I so hope to make it back again next year. Mind you, as so many of us have proved, with a good dose of determination, there's not much we can't make happen.
Watch this space for news on Jenny's imminent visit to Germany. She will be guest speaker at a special event on July 10th. If you any where near Stuttgart / Leonberg, please do stop by!



No comments:
Post a Comment