My Blog List

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

A New Start

Welcome to the current group of Springboarders! A small, intimate group at the University of Reutlingen - you know how you are :-) Here is a short reminder of some of the resources we talked about.

In case you haven't watched the video clips yet, here are the Sandberg and Lemmon films plus another I really value from a network colleague, Susan Macaulay.


 

"Women can no longer be both half the population AND a special interest group." Gayle Tzemach Lemmon.


I'm now a third through Peggy's book recommendation. It's really helpful in understanding why I react to situations in different ways. It explains how I can work on resetting my brain's computer and learn to react differently. It reiterates a firm Springboard belief that we're each responsible for managing ourselves and the choices we make. There is information on beliefs and values, how they were embedded in our brains. Most important Steve Peters talks about how to overwrite negative beliefs and values or manage those which are too deeply engrained in us. If you can't find the time to read the book yet, don't worry, I can summarise at the next workshop.

Here's a link to more information: The Chimp Paradox, Dr. Steve Peters

Watch the video clip for quick peek at what you'll encounter in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment